Monday, February 11, 2008

Oh how I love Ireland...

Dia dhaoibh! (Hello all)-
Well this past week I got back in my routine after the long weekend in Dublin. I started running a bit more because if Maggie and I are doing this half marathon in Nice we need to prepare at least a little bit. I've been having a great time finding new running routes. It makes the run so enjoyable when I'm just running to run and then decide to turn around or find a new way home. The weather has been great here (sorry to everyone back home). It's been around 50 everyday and no rain...knock on wood! I'm hoping that it keeps up and also that you all back home get some relief soon.
Thursday night we celebrated Kelsey's birthday and man did we celebrate! It was lot of fun though with cake, singing, and lots of snacks but everyone had a great time. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and catching up on sleep. We went to a pub on Saturday to watch the Ireland-France Rugby game which was a blast. Everyone in the pub was really into the game which rubbed off on us. I think it's my new favorite sport to watch, it's so rough though. The guys throw each other around and tackle hardcore and they don't wear any pads! I was impressed.
Sunday I decided it was time to crack down and actually do some homework, yea that's right, first time. I went over my Gaelic notes and am feeling much better about that now. I also looked up information about the Irish Republican Brotherhood for my history paper. I felt very productive :). Tonight we're heading out to one of the pubs near by for a few drinks.
I don't have too much to report at this point, I just wanted to write and say hello. I'm heading to an Irish speaking village (a Gaeltacht) this weekend and then to Galway after that so I'll have more to report at that point. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves. Keep up the emails and messages, I love hearing how people are doing. Miss you all!
Lots of love,
Marissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come all you write about is pubs you have visited and Lauren's first blog from China is how big the beers are? Your father and I are going to have a talk.
From Beep Beep